Android Mobile app feedback

I have been paid user for eM client desktop. But recently installed the mobile version on my Samsung S23. Here are few things compared to outlook, gmail and samsung email. I have gmail, google workspace, outlook and office 365 emails on this.

1. The fonts are too tiny for eM mobile with same system fonts settings compared to what i see on outlook, gmail and samsung email. Please provide option to increase fonts in list view, hamburger menu account list/folders, and mail details page.
  2. While zooming the content of email, it zooms from top left and you cannot pan the content left or right. Its useless
  3. performance is a big issue - its too slow, lots of connection error for normal gmail account, does not load content of email. I can see in list view 3 line preview. But when i open the mail, its all blank. No content downloaded. After back and forth the content loads after few seconds.
  4. We need calendar integration.
1 Like

The fonts are too tiny for eM mobile with same system fonts settings compared to what i see on outlook, gmail and samsung email

Yes agree the font needs to be slightly larger like in the Outlook and Gmail mobile apps.

While zooming the content of email, it zooms from top left and you cannot pan the content left or right. Its useless

Yes the panning or moving the email to the left to see all the text on the right (when zoomed in) via the pinch and zoom has been a problem for a long time, where the Android mobile app 99% of the time “just cuts off the right side of the emails” and then you end up going into the next email.

The odd time I fluked it where I zoomed in and successfully moved the email slowly to the left with my finger and did see all the text on the right side of the email. But is very rare.

I find the actual pinch and zoom from the bottom left to the top right “seems to work ok for me”, but it’s just annoying that the text cuts off on the right when I pan to the left after zooming. So I tend to use the Gmail app most of the time for large text emails till this is fixed.

1 Like

I have found a workaround for the zoom issue. One has to first scroll the email enough so that the header of email is gone. On the the body of email should be visible. Then try zooming in the center. But this is not a good implementation. They need to just check how things work in Gmail and Outlook.

Another issue I find with the pinch and zoom using the Android app on mobile phone, is when you do zoom in to a particular area of the email body, as soon as you let your fingers go to read, it automatically then goes to the very top of the email and doesn’t stay where you zoomed in.

Same thing happens when you “pinch and zoom out on an area of text”, you end up at the top of the email instead of where you are.

I’d like to see more swiping functionality…instead of just having one swipe action for left and right swipe, add 2 or 3 swipe actions for each direction, left and right.

I agree with the description of the problems mentioned by Sameer. I add that the search does not work

After using free windows eM Client mail I decided to download the Android app
I have just purchased 2 pro versions expecting to be able to use one on android but can find anything about how or even if I can use it on Android

This is a beta app and doesn’t use a license. The good news is that the mobile app with complete email functionality will remain free after the official release. It is possible that we will change our approach in the future, but for now, the mobile app will continue to be completely free.

1 Like