Android em client does not sync in background + sync time setting

Hello there, i’m a long time user of em client on desktop (windows) , I tried today the new em client app for android , I have a lot of google accounts email (and other IMAP accounts) , the client not sync correctly in background for all accounts I miss a lot of emails, I can’t enable the push on google (it will be available in the future? , where is the setting for managing after how much time the client sync the emails ?

Thanks!

I have a lot of google accounts email (and other IMAP accounts) , the client not sync correctly in background for all accounts I miss a lot of emails,

What other (Non Google IMAP accounts) don’t sync correctly ? Can you explain in more detail what happens with those and which specific accounts they are. Need more info on the exact problem.

I can’t enable the push on google (it will be available in the future? ,

No eta as yet when Push Notifications will be available for Google accounts as per the last app blog below. So you will have to “manually swipe down for now” from near the top of the app till that is enabled for those Google accounts.

Keep an eye out for the next blog app update via the main blog page, and do any new app store updates as they become available.

“Push Notifications and other mobile updates - 15 Sep 2023”

Where is the setting for managing after how much time the client sync the emails ?

For IMAP accounts, Press the app “at the top left” and go down to “Settings”.

Then “open your IMAP account” and scroll down to “Services” at the bottom.

Then press on “IMAP (enabled)” and scroll down to “Sync Options”.

You will then see “Message sync time period”, and can set to keep messages from “All Time”, or anywhere from “1 day, 3days, last week etc, right up to a Year” depending on what you want.

1 Like

My problem is that it wasn’t checking email in background, today I found that it was my phone that set the wrong pattern for saving battery for em client app that was going to sleep after some time , right now every single email pop up perfectly.

Looking forward for push for google it’s useful but not crucial for me at least.

I was searching for a setting in em client android ( like the mail app on iPhone or em client desktop) to specify how many minutes before the client searches for new email automatically (like every 5 minutes) in the background.

Now all my emails sync correctly, it was my carrier that got a problem today (coincidence).

It’s possible to have the dark mode but when you read an email have the white background (only on viewing an email) on the android app?

Thanks for the reply!

It’s possible to have the dark mode but when you read an email have the white background (only on viewing an email) on the android app?

Not on the app. You can only select between Light or Dark theme in Setting / Appearance.

On the desktop client there is the toggle Dark and Light mode directly in th email which might also be implemented in the app down the track.

1 Like

Hey, could you please explain how you fixed this? I’m in the exact same spot right now, as my WEB.de mail folder does only start to sinc, after I force it to.

Thanks.

Ok got it, and my app syncs fine:

1. Search “Battery” in the Settings
  2. Scroll down to: “Never sleeping apps”
  3. Add “emClient”

Just remember to activate the push notifications too (Post from cyberzork above).

Yes it’s different from phone to phone (android) but yes generally is under battery - em client >>> no restriction on battery , and yes what fixed everything was the push setting for every account , now all sync perfectly with no lost notifications. Cheers

2 Likes