"an attempt to connect to yahoo.com failed"

Why does this happen about 6 or 7 times a day “an attempt to connect to yahoo.com failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect setting” I close the box then it load email.

Hi Graeme, this issue can be caused by multiple factors, it can be caused by a slow internet connection but also by an issue on the server that may drop the connection between your client and the server.

Are you having some issues with the application’s features, such as sending/receiving or calendar synchronization?

If you’re not having any issues with the existing features, you can disabled these errors from showing in Tools > Settings > General > “Show window when an error occurs”.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

I am having similar problems but with other servers. It would be really nice to “suppress” this error dialog since it is likely to resolve on its own. Maybe just place an “X” on the account line (where the sync graphic is displayed) to indicate a failure.

Hi Stephen, if a connection between the server and the application is dropped, eM Client should try to reconnect immediately, however unfortunately there’s no option to suppress this kind of error messages only, however as I noted previously it is possible to disable the operations windows from showing automatically.

We’re also currently working on a future upgrade of the application that should contain an improved UI including a completely different error handling.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Disabling the the operations window works for me at least until the improved UI. I did take advantage of your Black Friday sale to insure I will get all future upgrades. Thanks.