Allow copying of version number in About screen

eM Client 6.0.19714.0

I like to add the version number of eM Client to my messages here in the forum.

However, right now I have to manually type the version number of eM Client in these messages (takes extra time and I might make mistakes with typing the version number).

Please make it possible to copy the version number in the about screen of eM Client, so I can just copy and paste the version number in these messages.

Hi, we have considered this before, unfortunately it is not technically possible at this moment.

Jan

What about showing the version number in a read-only edit field instead of in a label?

In a read-only edit field you can still select all text and press [ctrl]+C to copy the text.

Or, if you want to keep showing the version number in a label (which is more beautiful in my opinion), you can add a button next to or below that version number with the text ‘copy version number’…that’s even more intuitive (and faster) for an end user.

The beauty of software is that a lot is possible, but you need to be creative sometimes :slight_smile:

I have this info from developer, so my previous answer pays.

Jan

I don’t know what you mean by “I have this info from developer, so my previous answer pays”…

You still mean that it is not possible to add a button to the about screen which can put the version info of eM Client to the Windows Clipboard?

It could even put the version of the Operating System and the installed .NET version on the Clipboard for example.

Should be convenient for end users and technical support.

That means that I asked developer about this and wrote you his response that it is not possible.

“my previous answer pays” is my mother language figure of speech (I think that in English it does not sounds like in Czech) and means that what has been told has not changed.

With regards
Jan

I understood that your software engineer says that it is not possible to add a button on the about screen which can copy version info of e.g. Windows, .NET and eM Client.

Maybe he needs to make a separate form for the about screen which does enable him to add a button.

Of course, this has not a high priority, but it could save everyone who is posting topics time, because they don’t have to manually type this version info.