All my emails and everything in my subfolders has disappeared. How do I recover everything?

All my emails and everything in my subfolders has disappeared. How do I recover everything?

Hello Joan,
what account did this happen on? Have you removed/added any other account?Have you setup the same account on any other device?

Regards,
Olivia

I have also just lost very important emails and everything in my subfolders.  I also need to recover these.

Please include the mail provider you are using.  Is it Hotmail or Gmail or something else?  Also, which version of emClient is this for?

When you say “disappear” or “lost” please explain exactly what you mean.  Are the messages still available in your email provider through a web site and they don’t show up in emClient or were the messages only in emClient?  Please explain/describe.

I ask because something similar may have happened to me.  All the emails shown in emClient for one of my Hotmail accounts did not display any longer.  I removed and re-added the account and the emails were synchronized with Hotmail and once again showed up in emClient.  Not sure why this happened but as the emails were actually still in Hotmail, I didn’t lose anything.  emClient only downloads the email headers, if I’m not mistaken.  Note, this happened in version 6 of emClient.

I’m another user like you, just trying to help :slight_smile:

I have version 6 and am a Windstream.net user.  I have found my email.  Somehow they all got collapsed under my Correspondence folder.  I am very glad that I was able to find them as I am a show coordinator and those emails were very important.

i was trying to give google info for my email account and it was giving me verification codes when I clicked on mail it disappeared and went into a calendar window.

Hello Joe,
sounds like you just hid the Mail item in the left side menu, is that correct?

If so, you can just right-click any other item in the menu and then check the missing Mail item.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Vincent,
thank you for sharing your experience, seems like the issue in your case was a lost connection to the server.
eM Client synchronizes only headers by defaults for IMAP accounts.

Regards,
Olivia