"All folders" search won't find the desired messages, but Gmail will

Hello,

I think the “All folders” search is not working properly.  I have some messages inside folders and sub-folders.  I need to find a specific string within those sub-folders (not local folders).  Every time I perform a search, EM Client says there are no results (“there are no messages to show in this view”).  However the same search in Gmail web interface returns immediate results.   What can be wrong?

Thanks

Hi, what search preferences are you using while using the eM Client search? Note that the application by default only synchronizes the headers of your e-mail, using this setting you can only search for the senders, recipients, date or subject of the message, but you won’t be able to search for the body content of the message.

In order to do that, you’d have to enable the “Download messages for offline use” option on your account or selected folders, however the All Mail folder on your gmail is only synchronized when clicking on the folder as this folder is purposed as an archive folder on Gmail.

Hope this helps,

That worked. Thank you.

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across this, any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.