All emails in inbox disappeared

I downloaded and installed em client over a week ago and today out of the blue all of the messages in my inbox are gone. Everything in any other folders is still there.

What is going on?

What version of eM Client are you using? Who is your mail provider?

Version 5.017944.0

ISP/mail provider is Suddenlink Communications. I have been with them for over a decade with no mail problems- I was actually a beta tester when the first introduced cable internet into my area.

I had always used Outlook Express but recently got a new computer with Windows 7 and did not want Windows Live. Other than this weird glitch I have been very happy with em client.

If you are using IMAP you might have to set it so that messages are not deleted until you delete on client. I had the same issue you had with gmail and I think it was caused by IMAP deleting it once it downloaded.
In gmail I went to settings and changed the following setting:
Settings > Fowarding and Pop/IMAP
When Imake a messag in IMAP as deleted.
Select radio button labeled Auto-expunge off - wait for the client to update the server.

Then in EM Client I checked in IMAP tab
Check Download messages for offline use
Check include attachments and images.

Now I tested and found messages remain in gmail after the appear in client.
when I delete in client or move to a local folder in client, it disappears in gmail.
If move from a gmail folder in EM CLIENT to another gmail folder in EM CLIENT, it then does same thing in my browser logged into gmail. So actions seem mirrored now. :slight_smile:

I hope this puts you on right track…

OR SWITCH TO POP3 instead of IMAP.

Are you using IMAP or POP3 protocol?

Can you please login to your mail in a browser to see if the messages are still on the server?

It happened again overnight. This is the second time. Fortunately I still have my old computer set up and it is still retrieving the same emails on Outlook Express but this B.S.needs to be fixed.

My ISP’s mail service is pop3 but I see now that em client automatically set it as imap. There is not a pop3 tab under tools>accounts so do I just rename the host from imap.suddenlink.net to pop.suddenlink.net in the imap tab and then check the two boxes you described? I don’t see that I have the auto-expunge button or anything even close to that.

I cannot understand why any mail system, service, client or whatever would be set up by default to permanently delete your messages without you wanting it to. If this is what is going on here then it is very wrong.

Also I’m just curious as to why you would bother with using em client for your gmail instead of just going to gmail to check your mail.

It did it again today. Three times now.
I see this forum is about as useless as the program is.

Send us your logs please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “IMAP” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

OK I sent the logs.
How do I “stimulate the issue”?

Keep the logging enabled until the messages disappear. I thought they re-appear when you restart eM Client.

No, they have never reappeared. When they are gone they are apparently gone for good. This is just happening in the inbox, all other boxes are fine.

It just happened again. Four times now since I started using this.

Did you send us the logs? Are you using the same account on multiple devices?

Was this resolved ??? I have the same issue 

Was this resolved ?