[AirSync] Cannot create folder "email address/United Kingdom/"

Why do I get the following message when starting eM Client:

[AirSync] Cannot create folder “email address/United Kingdom/” with following error. Unknown Error 11. Will attempt to create folder on next synchronization.

It only appeared after local holiday dates inserted into calendar after prompt from program. I have tried to insert a new folder under my email address but get the response that it already exists. A search of my C Drive has not found the folder. Any Suggestions. Many thanks

Hi, are you trying to create calendar or email folder? I am a bit confused from your description.

Jan

The same happened to me.  The exact same error message.  I created a calendar.  Then I started to get the same error message as Patrick Duffy.  My calendar works fine.  The error message seems to want to create a folder.

Hi, what version of eM Client are you using, can you make a screenshot of the error message you’re seeing?
Can you try right clicking your calendar folder and select Properties > Repair, and click on the repair button?

Let me know if that solved the issue, thank you,
Paul.

version 6.0.20154.0

[email protected]: An error occurred                                       10:59 AM
[AirSync] Cannot create folder “[email protected]/United
States/” with following error : UnknownError (11).
Will attempt to create folder on next synchronization.

[email protected]: An error occurred                                       4:18 PM
[AirSync] Cannot create folder “[email protected]/United
States/” with following error : UnknownError (11).
Will attempt to create folder on next synchronization.

This may have something to do with a calendar I created under Local Folders to use as a scheduling tool.  That calendar folder does not have a repair option under Properties.

Hi, local folders don’t have a repair option, but your @msn account should have, please try the repair function on your @msn calendar, that’s the one having problems.

Thank you,
Paul.