After installing IOBIT Adanced System Care 8 I can no longer click on any link using emclient

After installing IOBIT Adanced System Care 8 I can no longer click on any link using emclient.  When I use my servers mail system everything works OK, but when I click on any link on emclient nothing happens

Hi Jerry, what version of eM Client are you currently using, can you check for the exact version number in Help > About? What version of Internet Explorer do you have installed on your computer, can you make sure it’s the latest available version? If it is, please open Internet Explorer and navigate to Internet Options > Security > Custom level, and check if the option “Allow programmatic clipboard access” is set to enable.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

I just reinstalled eM client version 6.0.21151.0 and the same thing is happening.  I am using Windows 8.1, IE 11.0.9600.17416 and “Allow programmatic clipboard access” is set to enable.  When I use my servers email everything works fine.  I really like eM client and don’t want to change to something else.  Thanks for your help.

Jerry

I just uninstalled Advanced System Care 8 and uninstalled and reinstalled eM Client, but I still can not open any link in any email using eM Client.  Please help.

Hi again Jerry, are you able to open links using your current Internet Explorer installation?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hello Paul.  I can not open any link by clicking on the link.  I can right click on the link and copy and paste it to IE and it will open.  The problem exists for every email that I get using eM Client.  When I use my servers email program, there is not any problem.  I uninstalled Advanced System Care because the problem seemed to start when I installed that program.  I uninstalled it and then uninstalled and reinstalled eM Client and the problem still exists. I looked through all of the settings I could find on eM Client and none of them dealt with links.  I have used many email programs during the past few years and none of them are as good as eM Client.  I sure would hate to stop using eM Client but having to take four steps to open any link is getting old.  I sure would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

Jerry

Hi Jerry, can you please comment if you can open links while using Internet Explorer, as in links on a website for example? eM Client’s clipboard management and link are tightly connected to a working IE instance on your computer. eM Client is currently built on a framework that uses some of the application’s component, so please make sure links work ok in Internet Explorer.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hello Paul.  I can open any link in any program or on any website except those in eM Client.  IE works fine.

Jerry

Hi Jerry, can you please send me an email to mcgregor@emclient.com with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul.