After deleting an open email, can I choose what email I see next?

Thanks Shady. I don’t appreciate any software wasting my time when it’s purpose is to make your life easier. It should just work for every user and this is a simple request that many seem to be making. Personally I would pitch a fit over it.

Hello,

In next major release there will be option in settings that will enable close window after delete and/or move.

regards
Jan

When can we expect the next release?

Hello,

In few weeks, mid to late autumn.

regards
Jan

I am on the side of don’t open the next email or at least give us the option. The update that installed today made a different change. Up until then, the delete opening the next email only worked in individual folders, so I started reading all emails in the “Unread” folder which this annoying feature didn’t work.
Now it is happening there as well. Besides this, now when you open the email and then close it without deleting it, it is still showing in the unread folder until you close the program and reopen it.

Hello,

as I have written in 3rd post above option should be available in next major version, that is 6th version not today mostly bug fix update :slight_smile:

best regards
Jan

Thanks Jan, I didn’t see your post on that. My system updated today and changed on the unread email folder. It was my work around and that was taken away. Your software overall is pretty good, but this one feature probably has caused the loss of a number of customers. It is a real deal breaker for some of us. It just seemed that it should have been an option and I look forward to it in the next release.

Hello,

actually this feature was requested so much that we had to implement it as soon as possible.

But don’t worry in next release it will be mas as an option :slight_smile:

best regards
Jan

This is so frustrating … any word on when this will be fixed? It would be a HUGE win for your guys.

Hello,

In 6th version beta this is already implemented.

Jan

I’d gladly install the beta to get this feature. Is it available?

Hi,

Yes, it is here is link to beta version topic https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

if you will encounter any issue please post it into this forum so we will know that it is related to beta version :slight_smile:

Jan

I have just installed version 6.0.19714.0 and the problem has still not been resolved. I thought it had been resolved in the beta version so why is it not here?

If I understand this topic correctly, there are actually 2 questions:

1. make an option to automatically show the ‘next’ e-mail after an e-mail has been deleted.

2. select the next e-mail ‘up’ or ‘down’ in the list with e-mails, after an e-mail has been deleted.

I think question 1 has been resolved by the following option:

Tools --> Settings --> Mail --> Read --> group titled ‘read’ --> option ‘close original message window after deleting the message’.

Regarding question 2: I also show the most recent e-mails at the top of the list, but I process my e-mails from ‘top’ to ‘down’. So if I delete an e-mail in row 4, I would like the e-mail which was shown in row 5 to be automatically selected next.

If I would process my e-mail from ‘bottom’ to ‘top’, and I would delete an e-mail in row 4, I would like the e-mail in row 3 to be automatically selected next.

So I think there should be a new option called ‘which e-mail should be automatically selected after deleting an e-mail?’ with the options:

* the e-mail above the deleted e-mail

* the e-mail below the deleted e-mail

(or something like this).

This option could go under Tools --> Settings --> Mail --> Read --> group ‘message list’

By the way: I move read/processed e-mails from my inbox to project related folders: in this way I have all my e-mails relating to the same project in 1 folder, and I don’t have to read an already processed e-mail multiple times.

Hi Hans.
Your question 1 solution simply closes the window after deleting the email which would have to be unchecked for the question 2 solution to work.
Outlook had it right and it should be easy for eMClient too. eMClient already knows the date order required from the ‘set date sort order’ option so all we need is: After message is deleted, show ‘next’ or ‘previous’. The tech guys have already said this would be implemented in this version and that it was already there in beta. So my question still stands: Why is it not there? Of course, I might not be looking in the right place for the setting so help required please.

Hi Peter,

My sort order is ‘preserve current setting’ which, in my case, is the same as ‘new messages on the top’.

If I delete an e-mail, I would like eM Client to work as it does now: it automatically selects the e-mail ‘below’ the deleted e-mail (which in my case is an older e-mail).

But I can imagine that other people would like the e-mail ‘above’ the deleted e-mail to be selected, so eM Client definitely needs an option for this.

I’m not sure if any tech guys are looking at this thread but my initial question has not been answered. How do I select which email I see next in this version?

It is not possible, you can only choose if you want to open next email or you do not want to open any.

Jan

Ok. I’m using that option now. Perhaps in the next version you could look at previous and next options after deletion.

If you would like to see these options in future versions/updates then create “Idea request” topic about it so we can see how many users support that idea (or so when we will extract Ideas from forum not to overlook it)

Jan