advice needed on sorting out my folders

Hello
I am new to eM client and all going well so far. I have imported lots of files from my old well known programme and have created for myself a muddle -
left hand pane shows
Smart Folders
All inboxes 4
Unread 39
Flagged

My e-mail address
Inbox 4
Outbox
Sent
Trash
Drafts
Junk e-mail
Fred’s inbox

Local folders
Inbox
then lots of imported files
Sent
more imported files

What would be the best to sort this lot out - many thanks

Hello,

I don’t understand you, eM client does not let you sort these folders? Or you need me to tell you how to sort your folder?

regards
Jan

Hello Jan

If you were me would you move the folders from the file headed my e-mail address to local folders for instance - I am trying to understand the difference between Smart folders and the folder with my e-mail address as the title -
Thanks

Well I do not know your preferences, your taste in sorting things etc… this is something you need to resolve for yourself.

I myself have my custom folders under Inbox as I do not need anything else and my emails are sorted to them by using Rules - usually by domain.

Anyway Smart Folders as basically virtual folders with combined view from all your accounts (All inboxes for example shows all your inboxes from all your accounts).

You can right click on “Smart folders” and add another ones :slight_smile:

best regards
Jan

For example do you have your e-mail address as a folder like I have because after reading through the help details it seems to only mention Smart folders or Local folders …thanks again

Hello,

yes, I do :slight_smile:

regards
Jan

Thank you - so it’s part of the set up …