Adding Signature Deletes Message

Hi

I created a new message. I typed the message body. Then i added a signature. The signature was added to the message, but the body i had already typed disappeared. 

If this is by-design, i suggest that deleting the message i typed is an inconvenience-- especially if i typed a lot. 

is there any way to disable this behavior?

thx

Hi Johny, what version of eM client are you currently using on your computer? Unfortunately I have tried to replicate the issue, but I was unsuccessful, when adding a signature to a message eM Client will not replace the text of the message with the signature, based on my test not even when the text is selected.

Please make sure you’re using the latest available version and check if the issue persists, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21151/setup.msi .

Thank you,
Paul.

solved-- this only happens if i highlight the messgae before adduing the signature.

ie, the signature replaces any highlighted text.

Hi again, I’m glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other questions or issues, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Johny,

Adding the signature is just like a copy-and-paste action: it will replace any text which you might have already selected, before you add the signature.

No, it happens even you not select text. It basically delete your just finished email. “Undo” not react. Mail is gone again.
It happen to me several times and it is crazy annoying.
I’m owner of two licences.

This is a very old thread. What version of eM Client are you using?