Account window doesn't include line for adding password

I had to change my gmail password. Now whenever I open eM Client on my computer, I get a message: “Password required for [my gmail address]. This operation may take a while to complete. Please be patient.” Then a Google log-in window opens in my browser, but even after logging into Google and giving eMClient permission to access my Google mail and calendar, nothing happens. I would add the password manually in the eMClient account window, but there is no line on which to enter that password when I click on that gmail account. (This is in contrast to my Comcast email account, which does have a place in which to enter my password.) How can I enter my gmail password or otherwise get eMClient to connect with my gmail account? I am using eMClient 7.2.407480.0

This very thing is happening to me right now and I haven’t been able to find a solution either

I see that I never received any replies before yours, czdo72, and no help from eM Client customer service after 9 months. They used to be better than this. I eventually stopped trying to access my gmail account with eM Client – I didn’t use it for much anyhow other than my Google accounts.

I have the same problem, and I am desperate. Basically I can’t use EmClient until this problem is solved. Does anyone know how to get customer support???

@jjshapiro

I have the same problem, and I am desperate. Basically I can’t use EmClient until this problem is solved. Does anyone know how to get customer support???

If you have a Google Workspace (Gmail) account and you are getting the message “Password required for [my gmail address]. This operation may take a while to complete, you might then still be using an old POP Gmail account which required a username and password and you need to change to and IMAP account setup which uses the newer modern Google OAuth (password less) login as per the eM Client Google Workspace account setup link below.

So you would add your Gmail account via the automatic email wizard setup in “Menu / Accounts” (Pc) or “eM Client / Accounts” (Mac). When you get there click “Add Account” at the top and follow the wizard. At the end of the setup a browser window will appear for you to click “Allow Access” to give eM Client permission to access your Google / Gmail account. You should then be returned to eM Client.

If you don’t see the browser appear to click allow or nothing happens when you click allow in the browser popup at the end, try setting another browser as the default browser in your OS and reboot and try again. Sometimes certain browsers have issues with popup authentication.

(eM Client with Google Workspace)

https://www.emclient.com/em-with-google-workspace

Note:- If you did have an Old Google / Gmail POP account in eM Client, then first add your Gmail account again using the automatic email wizard as mentioned above in the info & link above, and then once your Gmail IMAP account is created, drag / move all your old Gmail POP account messages and messages folders to the same folders on your new Gmail IMAP account. Then last once you are certain all your old POP Gmail messages are all showing in your new Gmail IMAP account message folders, remove your old POP account.

could you perhaps give us a screen snip of that window so we can see what you’re looking at?