Account suddenly gone

Hello,
Yesterday I opend eM Client Free read and sorted emails, everything was ok as it has been for more than 10 years. I am using eM Client only for my private use.
A few minutes ago I opend eM Client and was presented with page offering me to open a new account. I closed eM Client and opened it again.
Everything is gone, no contacts, no email history, only one “Welcome Email” from eM Client.

On top of everything the Data file seem to have been overwritten as well = all my emails are gone!

What can I do?

Seems like you either changed the database location in eM Client, or deleted the database when eM Client was closed.

If you changed the database location, go to Menu > Settings > General > Storage and change it back to what it was. By default it is C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. You may have to enable hidden items in Explorer to get there. Once you have changed it back, restart eM Client for the change to take affect.

If you deleted the database with eM Client closed, it may be in your Recycle bin, so you can restore it from there. eM Client needs to be closed for you to do that. If it is not in the recycle bin, you will need to restore your most recent backup if you have one.