Account setting changes not saved when performing Diagnose and then Clicking "OK"

Account setting changes not saved when performing Diagnose and then Clicking “OK”.
I modified POP and SMTP host IP and did a diagnose, then I clicked “OK” (upon successful diagnose).
But I noticed that changes were not saved!!!
They will be saved only when you do not make diagnosis before clicking “OK”

Hi, we know about this issue. Please edit them manually then they will keep their settings.

What email service provider and protocol do you use? If it is not working for you I might be able to tell you right settings.

Jan

Thanks,
I just reported the issue.
It is possible to skip this problem by setting the correct POP3 and SMTP and clicking “Ok” . Then re-opening the account-property window to make a test (diag)

yes, this should overcome this issue. But when you set correct settings there is no need for diagnose.

Jan

Same problem…still ongoing for 2 years? If the diagnose function removes the settings why not just add text to the user interface that tells people to set the POP3 and SMTP setting, close out and THEN re-open to test? Saves a lot of needless heartache on the user’s part and wasted time from your supt staff on the forums.