Accessing Gmail account password

I’m trying to get eM to link to an existing Gmail account and it keeps popping up a window “Sign In” stating "Please copy this code, switch to your application and paste it there"What application an I supposed to be paste this code into?I am running 7.0.264 and I have change the settings in Gmail for less secure applications but no luck.

Just a user here. 

The most current version of eM Client 7 is 7.1.32088.0.  Check for updates under MENU>Help>Check for updates to get the latest update.

Under MENU>Tools>Accounts my Gmail is set up like this:

IMAP Tab:

Server:

Host: imap.gmail.com
Port: 993
Security policy:  Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

SMTP Tab:

Host: smtp.gmail.com
Port:  587
Security policy:  Force usage of SSL/TLS

I didn’t mention in my text that this is a POP3 Gmail account. However I will try your suggestion and see if it works.

John, the problem you have described is with 0Auth, which is not possible with POP3. Are you sure your account is not IMAP?

Also, with POP3 accounts, you need to enable less secure apps in your Goggle settings, so make sure that is done.

I am having the same problem and I have the same settings above for smtp and imap, I am on a free version of emclient

The problem must be somewhere else then. 

I use the paid version of eM Client 7, but I doubt the free version has anything to do with the problem being experienced with Gmail. 

Free or Pro License will not affect this. The specific problem is sometimes experienced when setting up an account using 0Auth.  

One thing you could try is to remove the GMail account from eM Client, then download and install the latest version of eM Client from http://www.emclient.com/release-history

Also make sure you have a default browser selected in Windows.

After restarting eM Client, setup the account again.