A post from 4 years ago states that this topic was "IMPLEMENTED" but I cannot find in the settings where this is set up.

A post from 4 years ago states that this topic was “IMPLEMENTED” but I cannot find in the settings where this is set up. Original Q:“After deleting an open email, if we want another message to appear,
let us choose whether we see the next or the previous message.”
LINK TO PAGE: https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/after_deleting_an_open_email_if_we_want_another_message_t…

I think the last comment on that thread by Paul is the implementation/answer:

"When viewing email in it’s own window after moving the message or deleting it, etc. next message will be shown.
Next message will be chosen based on your sort order so if you’re using the newest on top, an older message will be shown. If you’re using oldest on top, newer message will be shown."

I  thank you for your reply.
…but that “solution” was not what was asked for at any point in that thread.
The sort change is pretty much unusable for many in a business environment: to have to change the sort order and put oldest at the top so you can then delete an email and have it go to the next NEWER message.
All of those posters wanted a simple setting that would allow the USER to tell eM Client to move to either NEWER or OLDER message by choice no matter the "Sort Order… Just like Outlook, Gmail, etc… have done for YEARS and YEARS…
That was the SPECIFIC request from many, many posters. Marking the thread as “IMPLEMENTED” when the developer did NOTHING to change the program is BS. Another case of this is a “feature” not a “bug”. Should have been marked as “IGNORED”… ANSWERED does, in no way, infer IMPLEMENTED…
Rant off…
Thanks again for replying tho. :wink:

I see the many, many posters you mentioned totalled 7.:wink: That was how many voted for that feature request.

But seriously, I hope the business users who may have difficulty with changing the sort order make use of their VIP support option to voice their concerns. They would more likely be heard that way.

again thanks. But that was not the only thread about this.
Her’s another, also marked as IMPLEMENTED…
<<<<<<
After deleting an open email, if we want another message to appear, let us choose whether we see the next or the previous message

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Implemented
    >>>>>>>>
    so no matter how many users expressed concern it still was not IMPLEMENTED at all.

Can you please give the link to that thread? I cannot find any ideas except for the one you quoted in your first post above.

Sure:
https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/after_deleting_an_open_email_if_we_want_another_message_t…

That is the same thread.

no prob. thanks anyway.