503 Server Error

I’ve been getting this 503 error with both my Yahoo and Outlook.com email accounts. I’m using version 6.0.23421.0 with Windows 10.

When I first installed eM Client I setup my AT&T Yahoo email and was getting this error so I thought well it has to do with Yahoo server issues. I then deleted that account and added my Outlook.com email but had this same issue.

I really like the look and layout of eM Client but it’s almost impossible to use with this error always popping up. Any fix for this?

I forgot to mention when this 503 error screen pops up sometimes it includes another error not being able to connect to my email server. Maybe these are one and the same a little above my understanding of what is going on.

Hi,
I’m afraid this could really be a server issue, or most likely, something blocking your connection to it. Can you copy the whole error for me, ideally with the contents of the log tab?
Also, please check if you have an exception set up for eM Client in your Windows firewall and anti-virus software (or try turning them off for a while to see if they arent causing this issue).

Best regards,
Olivia

Ok checked all exceptions. The error:
"An error occurred Synchronizing folder to “xxxxoutlook.com/Mike’s calendar/” failed due to the following error. The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.

Is it advisable to post my logs here since it includes my email?

You can send the logs to [email protected], just include a link to this forum topic in the message.

Best regards,
Olivia

Thanks will do!

Getting this 5 or 6 times a day 

Hi Andy,
please copy the Log from the third tab on the Operations window.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi, I’ve just installed EM Client and moved two hotmail accounts over and I too constantly get the same errors as above. Is there any advice please as if it wasn’t for this it would be perfect ?

Hello, I’m getting the same issue. Has Em Client resolved this issue yet? What’s the solution? Paul

Count me in on this error.

I am also getting this error.

I have just moved from Windows Live Essentials 2012 to eM client on a Win 7 pro 64bit OS.
Love the client and thank you for stepping up to the plate to provide an alternative mail client.

My mail folders structures have synced OK
My diary and contacts have synced OK
I am getting new email delivered to my inbox OK
BUT I am also getting the 503 message about server unavailable as reported above by Mike
I changed from m.outlook.com to s.outlook.com but still the error so reverted back to m.outlook.com

Looks good connectivity to m.outlook.com
C:\Users\NMF>ping m.outlook.com -n 150 -f -l 1372
Pinging outlook-emeawest3.office365.com [132.245.226.66] with 1372 bytes of data:
Reply from 132.245.226.66: bytes=1372 time=30ms TTL=242
Reply from 132.245.226.66: bytes=1372 time=31ms TTL=242

Reply from 132.245.226.66: bytes=1372 time=31ms TTL=242

Sent log file to [email protected]
Happy to supply further info if needed
Nick

I am also experiencing this error message every time I open eM Client. I switched yesterday from Windows Live 2012. I am on Windows 7, 64-bit edition. Hopefully you guys can solve it soon. Thanks

OK how do I fix the error is what I am trying to find out Support were are you.
Barry

Hello,

All hotmail and outlook.com adresses are being migrated to Exchange protocol, so it is possible the server issue could stem from being unable to connect to your mail account correctly.
You will need to remove your account from eM Client and then either set ip up as Exchange or IMAP (if your particular account hasnt been migrated yet).

If you just installed version 7 the Automatic setup should work for you now. If it doesn’t, you will need to setup the account manually.
To set up your account manually go to Tools>Accounts > New Account and instead of Automatic setup choose Mail>Exchange or Mail>Other.

For IMAP settings your incoming server is imap-mail.outlook.com and outgoing is smtp-mail.outlook.com.

Regards,
Olivia

I tried emClient at the beginning of 2016, but abandoned ship when I too had the repeated 503 SERVER ERROR just as described above by others and it drove me bonkers.

Seeing that a new version of emClient was available I had had another go, but for me the error is still there.

I want to connect to an Outlook.com account.  I allowed emClient to set it up automatically.  Seeing Olivia’s suggestion, I went to make the changes, but everything was already as it should be.

I really like emClient, and since I gave up the last time I have tried several more products, but nothing compares.  I’d be very happy to submit further to help iron out this wrinkle.

BDH
Canberra, Australia
Sat 10-Sep-16  14:10

Sometimes I can go for hours without seeing the 503 SERVER ERROR message, and sometimes it appears almost every time the SYNCHRONISE ITEMS EVERY 5 MINUTES (in my case) routine runs.

So maybe it is at the Microsoft end.  Or is it the really naff third world Internet connection that I suffer with so many others in the capital of Australia?

It would be nice if I could have a setting that stops the error from displaying, or better yet, it only displays if it has not been able to make contact with the server after nnn  minutes.

Still liking emClient even though that error makes me grumpy.

BdH
Canberra, Australia
Wed 14-Sep-16  12:44

I am receiving a 503 error what should I do to get my email.

John Hagman 

215-549-2057
[email protected]
[email protected]

Write a replyHere is a picture of the errors