4500 Unread E-mails!

Been using eM Client of rnearly 2 years now without many problems. I leave a copy of my e-mail on the server but yesterday eM Client decided to downlaod ALL the messages again that have been there for 2 years (over 4500) and showing unread. Can somebody tell me why this could happen? Done a full system scan with McAfee which showed no problems and not touched or changed any settings.

Hello,

are you using POP3 protocol?

with regards
Jan

Yes, well I think so. It was my nephew who set this up for me nearly 2 years ago without any hiccups. Looking at Tools/Accounts/POP3 most of the boxes have info in them.

Regards,
Stewart

This is the problem, POP3 does not synchronize email status to the server, so if you will mark anything as read it will be local only and not synchronized to the server.

this is not but or issue, this is how this protocol was designed :slight_smile:

with regards
Jan

I still don’t understand though that after nearly 2 years eM Client decides to download all the messages I have in my web based mail as though I had never received them at all. So the one’s I deleted from eM Client are back again and every other one saved doubled up.

The reason for keeping them on my web based mail is that some years ago I had a major crash with Outlook Express and lost the lot! So that’s why I leave them there.

Any help you could give here would be appreciated as I will have to go through all these e-mails again and delete them. Also is there anyway I can stop this happening again?

Regards,

Stewart

Well there could have been some impulses from server or client which caused this, this is impossible to find out now.

Anyway if you still have these emails synchronized on server it could be good if you would switch from POP3 to IMAP, but as I read you are inexperienced user so it can cause problems while doing this.

This should not happen again, but I can’t guarantee it as I still have no idea what could cause this :confused:

with regards
Jan