2nd email account with gmail will not authenticate

I have had a Gmail account and used it for the past 3 years with eM Client and everything has worked well.
Recently I set up another account at Gmail with a different username and password to be used for the band I am in. I can login to the new account via any web browser and see my email. However, when I tried to set up the account in eM Client it fails to authenticate with the correct password that I use on any of the web connections to Gmail.
eM Client ver. 6.0.21040.0
I have tried the following:

1. Changed to a different password in Gmail and waited for at least 2 days before trying again.
  2. Deleted and recreated the account at least 4 times (none of them worked)
    3.Used the Tools> Accounts> Diagnostics tabs and logged the results for IMAP It indicates that it can connect to the IMAP server but fails to authenticate “Your credentials were rejected.”
  3. Attempted a Fix in the Diagnostics tab (eM Client examines the MX records at the server and tries all combinations on ports 143 and 993) “An email server was detected, however your credentials were rejected.”
  4. At first I did not link the second Gmail address to my original Gmail account and thought that might have been a problem. However I have now linked both Gmail accounts to my name and it still will not authenticate.

I have a hunch that this is a security issue with Gmail not liking the same application at a given IP address to connect to 2 different accounts (issues with email crawlers attempting password cracks). That is the only explanation that I can come up with.

Any Ideas?

Hi, are you using any firewall/proxy software on your computer?
Are you having issues while setting up the account? Have you been able to setup the account using the automatic setup?

Are you possibly using two step verification with your gmail account?

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul,
I’ve been gone for a week and am back again.
Windows Firewall no proxy to answer your questions.
My normal Gmail account is setup and working fine (has been for several years).
It seems to be when I added the second account also at Gmail (different name) that I cannot access the security server using eM Client.
I got a message from Gmail saying that probably my local mail client does not use 2 step verification so I disabled the 2 step verification at Gmail. Still no luck at login on the new account.
Is it possible that Gmail does not like the same IP address logging in to 2 separate accounts? Have you ever seen this problem before?

Paul,
I accidentally changed my PERSONAL account settings to disable the 2 step verification, not the NEW account I am trying to make work. After discovering the screw up I disabled the 2 step for the new account and everything is working fine now.
Thanks for your help!

Hi again, I’m glad everything works as expected on your end, please make sure to let us know if you come across any future issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.