2nd account really slow and losing connection

I have 2 accounts setup. One of the accounts opens emails almost instantly, the other takes 1-3 minutes… Why? I can have someone send the same email to both accounts and I get the above results. Both of my accounts are through gmail and are setup exactly the same.

update… it also keeps telling me Im not connected to the server when downloading emails… Only for my 2nd account… 1st account works perfectly… double checked again and all settings are identical except username and password.

Hi,
and is the account that you’re receiving the error from the one that downloads the email slowly or the one that downloads it fast?
Also what version of eM Client are you using? And is this a new issue to you?

Thank you,
Paul.

Em 6.0… The screen shots were from the account that works properly and after the PC went to sleep but its the same messages I get on the slow inbox. Im new to eM client so yes the issue is new to me.

Hi,
sorry can you tell me the exact version number? You can find it in Help > About.

Thank you,
Paul.

I deleted the account and then added it again and it seems to be working now. Here is the version anyway though:
Version: 6.1 19861.0

Thank you for the follow up.

Hi,
I’m glad it works now, if you experience any more issue, make sure to let us know.

Thank you,
Paul.