2 questions: Change colour of the selected email and how to set standard sender address

Hi together,
I have two questions:

1. How can I change the colour of the currently selected email? At the moment the selected email will be marked with a very light grey, this is not good. I want to change the colour to a darker one.

2. I added my Googlemail account to the eM Client. But I don ́t want to send the emails not from my Gmail account, so I added an alias email address to the account. I can send from this alias address, no problem. But if I create a new email or reply to an email, the Gmail address will be set automatically and not the alias address.
    Is it possible to set the alias address as primary sender address for new emails and for replies? I don ́t want to change it everytime I send a mail.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

heusmich

Hello Heusmich,
what version of eM Client are you currently running? Check the Help>About section for full version number.
If the color scheme of eM Client is not to your liking, you can try a different theme, which can be changed in Tools>Settings>Appearance>Theme.
Or, if you just need to change one small thing, find the .emtheme file and open it in a text editor and change the color of the desired part manually (each atribute should be described accordingly in the file).

As for the alias, unfortunately it is not possible to set an Alias as a default writing/replying account.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Olivia,

I have version 6.0.24928.0
Because of the theme, this is not the problem. I set a theme that I like.
The problem is only the marked email. If I select one email in the inbox or in another folder, it ́s marked with a very light grey. For me this is difficult to see.
I want to change only the colour of the marked email to a darker colour.
I found the “.emtheme” file, but can you tell me which entry is the right one for the colour of the selected email? I have no idea to what I should look for.

Because of the alias, would it be possible to implement the possibility to change the primary sender address into the next update? I used Mozilla Thunderbird before and there it is possible to set an alias address as primary sender address.

Best regards

heusmich

Hello Heusmich,
change the color for MainFormGridFocusedItemBackgroundStart.
The colors are saved in hexadecimal codes, so to find the color you want you can use a site like this color picker and copy the code from there.

I’ll write down the possibility to set an alias as primary adress to our feature list, so our developers can consider it.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Olivia,

thank you very much for the hint, this works. It changed the colour of the selected email.
But as soon as I click into another window (e.g. browser, file explorer, it changes the colour back to the light grey. When I click back into the inbox, the email is marked with my colour again.
Is there another colour or setting I can change in the “.emtheme” file so that the colour stays in the colour I want, even when I click somewhere else?
I replaced all entries with colour “#DCEBFC” (which seems to be the light grey) in the file with the colour I wanted, but as soon as I click into another window or somewhere outside of the inbox, it changes the colour back to the light grey.

Thanks for writing down the suggestion to the feature list.

Best regards

heusmich

Hello,
that will be probably the colour setting when the eM Client window is inactive, there should be a separate value for that right above - MainFormGridSelectedItemBackgroundInactiveStart

Regards,
Olivia

Great, it ́s working.
Thank you very much!
:smiley: