Text and icons too small with qHD display resolution 3200x1800 on Windows 10

Hi,
I am using Dell XP 13" with resolution 3200x1800 and size 250% (as recommended by windows 10)

The icons is very very small and the text into some emails (using exchange) the text is too small.

do you have an idea to fix it?
Regards

Hi Davide,
unfortunately eM Client version 6 is not compatible with high DPI resolution and it’s a big problem with the old user interface.
We managed to completely remodel the UI for the next version to fix this, but unfortunately there can’t be anything done for the current version, other than lowering your DPI a bit.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,
thanks for your answer.
Could you give me an idea about the release date / road map of next version of emClient?

Thanks

Hi Davide,
we’re currently fixing bugs found through Alpha testing and preparing for beta release.
I cannot provide any time estimates, seeing as the release of version 7 is dependent on its stability and not a set deadline. Once we have a clear release time we’ll post about it on our communication channels
Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi,
in the meantime I found this “workaround” I hope it can help other users affected by this kind of problem.

Before you need to add this value in the regedit of Windows:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/k… (please see chapter “After you install the hotfix”)

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
  2. Locate and then click the flilowing registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide
  3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
  4. Type PreferExternalManifest, and then press ENTER.
  5. Right-click PreferExternalManifest, and then click Modify.
  6. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, click Decimal under Base.
  7. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
  8. On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.

Finally I put a new file named “MailClient.exe.manifest” in the root flider of em Client intallation (in my case C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client)

The contet of file can be downloaded from it: http://www.mitobit.com/download/MailC…

I tested it on Windows 10 and I am able to use emClient with high DPI resliution (3200x1800).
The window is lightly blurred but it’s much better than normal usage with high DPI.

Regards