Password

How to reset password?

Hi, what password do you have on your mind? If you mean your email account password you have to do that online (for example if you’re using gmail, go to gmail.com to do so, or any other mail service’ website that you might be using). If you mean a master password that you can use to even open eM client that can’t be reset, only if you’re a pro license user.

Thank you,
Paul.

I mean my eM Client email. I have been using eM Client as my email account for a week or 2, then accidentally uninstalled it.  After re-downloading it, I can’t remember my password and cannot figure out where to display my new password.  My computer is Windows 7 Pro.  Thanks so much for your assistance.

Hi, unfortunately there’s no thing like eM Client email, our application only lets you use your current email accounts, so it depends what mail service have you been using, how did you use your email prior to your use of eM Client?

Thank you,
Paul.

This is the only email account I have had on this computer…it is brand new.  I have Windows Live Mail on a desktop but did not know that would have any connection to eM Client.

Hi again, eM Client is just a mail application that allows you to use your mail service on your computer, so you don’t have to connect to it through webmail through your browser.
Unfortunately it can be used with many mail services so it’s impossible for me to tell which one you are using, easiest way to tell would be telling me your email address, or just the domain.

so [email protected]

What you have instead of the @domain.com is you mail service provider. It can be for example @gmail.com or @yahoo.com etc.
If it’s any of the above just go to the adress without the @ and find a webmail login, there will be an option “Forgot my password”, proceed with the steps and get a new password, once you have it you can setup a new account in eM Client.

Let me know if this helped.
Thank you,
Paul.

My email address is [email protected]. What can I 
do now.
Anna Cheetham

Paul, Please reply.

It is unlikely that you will get a prompt reply from eM Client staff. Unfortunate.

If you want to reset you password for your gmail.com address, you need to do this via their website. https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Once you have your new password, you can configure eM Client with these new account details.

I just downloaded eM Client and tried to set it up to gmail, but was never asked for my gmail password. Therefore, when it logs on to gmail, gmail sets there (indefinitely) waiting for a password. I’ve spent the better part of two days trying everything I can think of to get it to work (including reinstalling several times) to no avail. Is there any way I can tell eM Client what my gmail password is? Anyone?

emclient is not an intuitive set up - terribly unfriendly process!

Rather silly not being able to regain a forgotten password

Email providers offer some facility to recover or change forgotten passwords. Look to their website for how to do that.