No email functionality following update to 7.2.36694.0

No email functionality following update to 7.2.36694.0
Calendar, Tasks and Contacts have survived but no instance or provision of emails in left-sidebar.
But email accounts and settings are still showing in Menu -> Tools -> Settings or Accounts
And you can compose an email with selecting from +New -> Mail but it is not sent.
Internet connection is good and working with web browsers.
Does anyone please know a fix for this??

Yes, you can uninstall it then download and install 7.2.35595 from the Release History. That will keep you going till the next update.

But surely if I uninstall EmClient I will lose all My Contacts and Email histories.
Please explain a way not to?

During the uninstall you will be asked if you want to delete the database folder.

If you want to keep all your local data and settings, including account details, templates, signatures, Rules etc. answer  No.

Messages and contacts synced with a server will not be affected either way.

Well thanks Gary, but that did not work. It is still exhibiting the same problems as previous. Do you please have any additional advice to give? 

OK, let’s start at the top.

Your first question “no instance or provision of emails in left-sidebar.” Right-click on one of the other tabs and make sure Mail is ticked.

For the second one “you can compose an email with selecting from +New -> Mail but it is not sent”, go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and click on the SMTP tab. Change the port to  587 , and set the security policy to  Force usage of SSL/TLS.

See if you can send a message.

If it still does not send, temporarily disable your anti-virus/firewall application, then try again.

I have fixed it. But thank you, Gary.
Even though I was installing an earlier version (as you suggested), it appeared to be wanting only the latest version, until I found and disabled the auto-update.
Oh well, ces’t la vie.