google contacts sync issue

I can no longer sync my Google Contact.  This issue began on 6/20/18.  Prior to that for many months there was no issue.  I removed my gmail account from emClient and then re-added.  Still no sync and no contact are shown in emClient.  I can see my contacts in the google web app. 

11:26:09 PM [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
11:26:09 PM   MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’ failed due to the following error: Execution of request failed: https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/contacts/default/full (Internal Error)
11:26:09 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGdataCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
11:26:09 PM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Same issue here. Cannot sync Calendar or Contacts with Google.eM Clients shows (internal error)

Hello all,

We are aware of this error. It’s a problem on the Google Contacts’ side so hopefully it’s just temporary and they will fix it soon.

Russel

The problem is not Calendar but Contacts. Calendar is working fine!

I am having the same problem - EM Client cannot sync my Gmail contacts.  I keep getting the following error:

This started two days ago and continues today (6/22/2018).

Hi, everyone.

Same issue here, since 6/20/2018.

Thanks.

Same day my issue started.  I hope emClient works with Google to fix.  I would hate to hear “it’s not us it’s them”, that does not solve the problem for emClient users.

What we can do for now is access the web for our gmail contacts. I also tried to copy all the contacts to a yahoo account, It syncs just fine with EMC. I wonder how many days will take google to solve this…

same here.

Day 3.  Still not working!

Same here.  

I believe the problem may be with eM Client due to some sort of change on the Google side. My contacts sync is working normally with my Windows 10 People App.

That is exactly what i was thinking, in android devices sync is working just fine. Maybe an EMC update is needed…

No sure what “Windows 10 People App” is.  Do you mean Windows 10?  Most people on this thread may agree that prior to 6/20 our emClient installs were working fine for a long period of time.  This may point to a server side Google change.  Now with that said, emClient should be working to fix as well.

The Windows 10 People app is the built in app that comes with Windows 10 Mail and Calendar. I have it set to sync with my Google Contacts and there are no problems.

That being said, my eM Client program was syncing my contacts up until a couple of days ago as you described. Now I am getting the same error messages you posted. This leads be to believe there may have been a change on the Google side that should have possibly been addressed by eM Client earlier on…not sure, just a guess. It also seems that making a contact update on eM Client will sync to Google Contacts, just not the other way around.
I have also noticed that the sync problem appears to be with just the gmail.com email addresses. I have a number of other Google For Work accounts that are not affected by this sync error.

I follow…    

So, I see that I am certainly not alone with this issue.
I raised a support ticket with this, but was advised that it was probably a ‘temporary’ issue and to advise if it continued.
eM Client is, of course, throwing up an error alert box every time there is a sync.

As with others, any changes I make on my phone or the web based contact page are reflected within those two environments. eM Client is ‘out of the loop’ completely until this gets resolved.

The error message even flags the date and time in which sync has stopped working; updated-min=

I have the same issue and believe that EmClient needs an update

I think it’s server specific.  Mine works fine.

This is a Google problem. If you use your preferred search engine, you will see there are many reports with all email clients this past week.