Flagged emails on Exchange servers prior to Exchange 2013

Unfortunately, EM Client supports only email flagging on Exchange 2013 servers.
However, flagging was already available in older exchange servers.
E.g. our exchange server 2010 SP1 does have this feature, and both Outlook 2013 and Android Exchange Client can use this feature.

In my opinion, this is a very important feature for everyone who want to keep track of emails that need further attention.

I would be very happy, if EM Client would support also the “old” flagging system of Exchange 2010. I really would like to get rid of Outlook as it is a hog and Google Integration has to be done with 3rd party tools, however I really need this feature to structure my work.

Someone else interested in this?
Thanks,
Ruediger

Hi, this should work, problem is that we have Exchange 2013 only so testing on older version is problematic.

Anyway this is definitely planned to repair/implement, but it will take a few days before it will be implemented.

Jan

Hi Jan,

thanks for your reply!
It would be great if this gets could be implented.
I would be happy to test a new version with our Exchange 2010 server.
Just let me know when the development team has built a new version for testing :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Ruediger

thank you for your offer, but we usually have enough testers already or we test features by ourself. But if you really want then contact me on [email protected] and I will mark your email so you can test this when it will need test.

Jan

You’ve got mail :slight_smile:

received and noted your email :slight_smile:

Jan

Due to Pauls advice in another thread (https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…) I gave this another try.

Interesting result:
Flagging an email within EM Client results in a wrong flag on the exchange server, the flag for recipient (http://www.msoutlook.info/question/365) instead of the “normal” flag.
The problem is that this flag DOES NOT get cleared when I clear the flag in EM Client. In addition, an email application connected over IMAP (e.g. K9 for Android) does not “see” this flag for recipient at all.

Using EmClient over IMAP, the flagging works, but I get frequent “password required” popups :frowning:

Really hope that either of the issues will be fixed. Seems that the cause for the error message is unclear (as I sent my logs two months ago), perhaps this is “easier” to fix?
Thanks
Ruediger

Hi,
I’m sorry you’re experiencing this issue, can you try updating your client to this version (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.201…) and let me know here if it resolved the issue, it is possible that in the version you’re using it still isn’t fixed.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
Paul.

Hi Paul,

thanks for the new version.
Gave it a quick test with a clean install in VMWare.
Unfortunately, the behaviour is still the same :frowning:
Whenever you have a new version to test, please send me a link!
It seems that EmClient is using a wrong flagging command, as the emails appeared flagged by the sender in Exchange 2010 (??)

Hi, can you please send me the logs for your account?
Go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and check the Exchange Web Services logging on. Save the settings and restart the application.

For succesfully logging this please flag an email and unflag it on synchronization,
when you the issue occurs, go back to the Advanced Settings window and click on send Logs, please add my email as a copy ([email protected]),

Thank you,
Paul.

You’ve got mail :slight_smile:
thanks,
Ruediger

In the latest version I am getting a lot of flagged e-mails that are not flagged in Outlook (Exchange 2010)

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using? Are you by any chance using Kerio?

Thank you,
Paul.

I am using the version I got from your site 3 days ago :slight_smile:

No Kerio, just Exchange 2010

Hi, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on Exchange Web Services logging for the problematic account? Save the settings and restart the application, then please right click your mail folder and select Properties > Repair and click the repair button.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, when the issue occurs again … go back to the advanced settings window and click on send logs, please send the logs to my email [email protected] and please add a reference link to this forum topic.

Also if you could send me one of the messages you’re having issues with…

Thank you,
Paul.

I will need to investigate…

Hi, ok, please when you have the results, let me know or send me the requested files.

Thank you for understanding, sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul.

Hi Peter, check in Outlook Web Mail, if these emails, that are flagged in eM Client, are perhaps in the status “Done”. Outlook knows 3 different ways for a flag (flagged, done, and cleared) whereas imap knows only flagged and not flagged.

Hi Paul, I bought an eM Client license a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the imap server at my hospital is rather unstable and they suggested me to use Exchange instead. Any news on the flagging of emails prior to Exchange 2013? I would be happy to test a new beta release.
Thanks,
Ruediger

Any news on my log files?