Favorite Folders

• Idea
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Under Consideration
I am longtime TB user, loving eMClient..

I did like TB's ability to designate certain folders as "Favorites" and only display them in left-hand pane. Keeps the view much cleaner and easy to navigate.

Any chance of a similar feature in eMC?

An alternative would be the ability to hide folders from the normal view.

The advantage of the Favorite approach (IMO) is the ability to toggle them all off or on at once.
Photo of David Robertson

David Robertson

• 29 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Marc K

Marc K

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Jay, I understand.  This is a great example of why Search Folders is not a good substitute for Favorite Folders.  If a Favorite Folders function were implemented, eM Client would be able to know which folder tag to remove when moving a message out of a favorite folder.
Photo of Jay Ogram

Jay Ogram

• 1905 Posts
  • 274 Reply Likes
A very valid point. However a search folder allows for selection from multiple folders. I guess there is a need for both.
Photo of marvays

marvays

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello. I also intercede for creating "FAVORITES" folders.
Photo of Russel Markosky

Russel Markosky, Employee

• 1262 Posts
  • 103 Reply Likes
Hello all,

We already added the feature request for Favourite folders and we will consider it while developing the new updates. I added your votes to that request so please follow our new releases to see if this feature is already implemented.

Regards,
Russel
Photo of George

George

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
We are in the process of trying to find an alternative to TB for our entire office.  Sadly the issue of Favorites is looking to be a deal breaker.  Can you offer any update on this feature.  I see it was expected 5 years ago.
Photo of Grant Collingwood

Grant Collingwood

• 35 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Common Russell, it was 5 years in the waiting. How about some reality ?
Photo of Marc K

Marc K

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Russel,

That's great news that this request might see some attention soon.  Rather than reading release notes hoping the feature was implemented, wouldn't it make sense for the eM staff to update the status of this request from "Not Planned" to "In Development" to "Delivered" as it progresses?

Grant Collingwood

• 35 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
It doesn't really inspire confidence in this request being delivered, even though so many people have requested it, when the statement was changed from, "it will be delivered" which was 5 years ago, and now it is "we will consider it".
Grant.
Photo of Eavesdown

Eavesdown

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I agree heartily with Grant. Users have been requesting this feature for several years now, and eM Client staff have said the feature was "being worked on" at various times throughout the years, but nothing has ever come of it. When a feature has been promised for five years with zero progress, it's safe to assume that any new claims about it being addressed are equally empty.

This is an obvious case of "actions speak louder than words." Until there's at least a beta version with this feature included, it's best to assume that it will never be implemented, regardless of what claims are made by their staff. If the feature is important to your workflow, you'll need to stick with another email client until eM Client decides to take user requests more seriously.
Photo of Brian

Brian

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Please add this feature.  I prefer em client to outlook, buy my employees won't adopt it without favorites.
Photo of Marc K

Marc K

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes.  Please commit to this being in the next release!
Photo of Matt Tyree

Matt Tyree

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I just started looking into eM Client as a replacement for TB, which can be a little bloated and blah in appearance (a little too 90s, not modern enough). I really like how eM Client looks and feels. Has some nice features for contacts and calendars. Solid contender...until...

I very much depend on having a list of favorites for quick access for reading mail and for dragging and dropping. This thread has really painted a nasty picture for the eM Client developers.

Talk like it's a done deal 6 years ago and now it's a feature request that is being considered.
Sad, just sad. Even the basic of basic Windows Mail has favorites. It ain't rocket science, guys.

The search for a new email client continues...

Grant Collingwood

• 35 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Well said Matt. I firmly believe that this company has lost their developer or closed their development branch. Hello emClient support ? how about sorting this out. There are so many people who have asked for this for 6 years. You are losing potentially new clients.

And don't give us that rubbish about search folders. It is not the same.
Photo of Gary Curtin

Gary Curtin

• 9391 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
You are correct Grant, they are not the same. Search Folders are a lot more powerful, and can be customized whereas Favourites are just links to other folders.

Photo of PublicBenemy

PublicBenemy

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Well, yes, nice, but unfortunately, that's not what has been asked for in this thread. The Search Folders has flaws, thoroughly discussed in here.
(Edited)

Grant Collingwood

• 35 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
You can't drag emails into search folders. They are totally useless.
Photo of Gary Curtin

Gary Curtin

• 9391 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
I know that subsequent comments have added further requirements which are not possible like drag-and-drop and folder unread count etc. but I think the requirements of the original question are met by Search Folders.

Fortunately there are options, so for whatever reason eM Client development is dragging on this issue, at least those who need that functionality have a choice of other email clients.

Grant Collingwood

• 35 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Gary, if you read the original post, Search Folders do not provide this functionality, and if you try to use them, all you end up with is valuable, unusable space wasted in the folder area, actually making the issue worse. For years this has been asked for. Just read through the updates. The original was a request for Favourite folders. That is it. 
Photo of Gary Curtin

Gary Curtin

• 9391 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
"designate certain folders as "Favorites""
If by Favourites you mean have them displayed separately at the top of the list, yes Search Folders can duplicate the folder at the top of the list in Smart Folders.

"only display them in left-hand pane"
Yes, Search Folders can do that, but also applies to any folders.

"Any chance of a similar feature in eMC?"
Yes, Search Folders are similar to Favourites.

"the ability to hide folders from the normal view."
Yes, you can hide folders in eM Client - not related to Search Folders.

"ability to toggle them all off or on at once."
Yes, you can do this with Search Folders.

Grant Collingwood

• 35 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Yes, you have gone through and picked out 5 comments from 6 years of comments, but the fundamental purpose of favourites, is that they are still actually folders. Search Folders are not actually folders, as you can't actually use them like a folder. Show me how to drag an email into a Search Folder, and I will reconsider. But until a Search Folder actually acts like a Folder, then it isn't one.
Photo of Gary Curtin

Gary Curtin

• 9391 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
Grant, I understand what you are saying, and I understand the features requested by other members. David did not request drag-and-drop, but he did request something similar to Thunderbird Favourites, and although that is not planned in eM Client, what he asked for in his original post can be accomplished by Search Folders. Maybe not exactly the same as in Thunderbird, but then eM Client is not a Thunderbird clone.
(Edited)

Grant Collingwood

• 35 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I disagree, because you have to take into account the actual meaning of "Favourite Folders" as it applies throughout the computer industry. This is like a shortcut, or link, but actually works like a folder. So the original request, and many subsequent are actually asking for something that represents a folder, without specifying to the detail of what a folder is. Surely you can pick up on the dissatisfaction, and not turn a blind eye on this. Just to outnumber you, in 5 mnutes, I have skimmed through the many many requests for this. I can continue pasting them in here if you want ...

I see that there are the "Smart Folders", but that is only for global email stuff. Like, all the emails in one inbox. I don't want that. 

to have a favourite folders list on the top left column so that you no need to go down to individual mailbox folder.

I want to be able to display favourite folders (shortcuts) rather than trawling through my folder list to find folders with emails

Favorite folders with unread counter needed

Just want to add that I agree with this. Using search folders as surrogates for Outlook favorites folders is little use to me if they don't show unread counts.

I was just told by our CEO that we could not switch to EM client because there are no counters when using the search folders which makes them useless 

Any hope in getting this done?  Or Favorites?  I am trying to switch to EM from Outlook, and this is a big missing piece.

This is literally the only feature stopping me from moving our company from Outlook over to eM Client. People need favorite folders 

Actually, search folders do not work well with Gmail accounts.  If you try to move a message out of a search folder, it won't get moved.  

First, a way to mark mail folders as favorites 
Photo of Gary Curtin

Gary Curtin

• 9391 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
Stimulating comments. :-)

Maybe taking into account the actual meaning of "similar", puts a different emphasis on what was originally proposed? But as I said, I understand the further requests members have made in this forum. I am not insensitive to what has been written. I have voted, liked and I might have even me-tooed on comments and posts related to this subject. Unfortunately, eM Client is not planning to implement that feature as found in some other email clients. The only option of something similar is Search Folders. Or another email client.

BTW, some of those quotes are quite amusing. The CEO's comment especially so.
Photo of Mike F

Mike F

• 295 Posts
  • 58 Reply Likes
That's it!
emClient does only develop and implement what they think is best for their customers and not what the customers are requesting. That's fact!

I'm still waiting for many features requested a two years and more ago - nothing happened.
Guess, new features are not welcome right now, rumors are that they are developing a MAC client. Hence again no resource for feature requests or similar.

From time to time I'm visiting this forum to see what has changed, however, I still see the "old" client with no real enhancements. So I still not regret my return to TB although I've got a lifetime license.

So I wouldn't hold my breath for anything now and ever.

Grant Collingwood

• 35 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I agree Mike. If they just told us 6 years ago, that they are not doing any development on this, we would know where we stand. But they kept us hopeful, but saying they are looking into etc. They have our money now, so I guess they feel they can stop further developments.
Photo of Gary Curtin

Gary Curtin

• 9391 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
Quite right Mike. eM Client is not an open source project like Thunderbird where users can contribute to and change the direction that the application takes. But ideas that are proposed for eM Client are certainly considered, and may even be implemented if in line with their vision. Much the same as is done with Outlook.
Photo of Gary Curtin

Gary Curtin

• 9391 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
I am not sure when this thread was marked as not planned, but it was at some stage. I guess the developers changed their mind.
(Edited)
Photo of Gary Curtin

Gary Curtin

• 9391 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
And now it has changed back to under consideration. Thanks Russel.
Photo of Matt Tyree

Matt Tyree

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Gary, do you work for eM Client? I'm trying to figure out what reason you have to defend how the developers have handled this and then argue semantics on what the OP REALLY was asking for - 6 years ago. He compared what he was asking for to favorites in TB, plain and simple. Pretty obvious he wanted favorites that work as they do in TB. Search folders are not the same as favorites. Their only similarity is you can click on them and see messages. They are functionally completely different.

I hope I'm wrong, but I find the new Under Consideration stamp to be an appeasement to settle people down. It was marked as Not Planned after all.

Memory Lane:
July 25, 2012 - George says they have decided to implement and to watch for it in one of the next versions.
March 18, 2013 - George says no timeline for implementation
November 6, 2013 - Jan says it will not be implemented and search folders are the same, just not called "favorites." (BS)
January 8, 2014 - Jan reiterates that it will not be implemented
August 2, 2017 - Russel says it's now just being considered
February 12, 2018 - Russel says he's happy to say that favorites is one of several features being evaluated for V8.

6 years of being wishy-washy. At some point someone suggested that search folders were effectually the same as favorites (roughly at the end of 2013, I gather) and then the developers locked onto that and that became their battle cry for anyone asking for favorites. Not the same, guys. Not even as a workaround.

Photo of Matt Tyree

Matt Tyree

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Gary, do you work for eM Client? I'm trying to figure out what reason you have to defend how the developers have handled this and then argue semantics on what the OP REALLY was asking for - 6 years ago. He compared what he was asking for to favorites in TB, plain and simple. Pretty obvious he wanted favorites that work as they do in TB. Search folders are not the same as favorites. Their only similarity is you can click on them and see messages. They are functionally completely different.

I hope I'm wrong, but I find the new Under Consideration stamp to be an appeasement to settle people down. It was marked as Not Planned after all.

Memory Lane:
July 25, 2012 - George says they have decided to implement and to watch for it in one of the next versions.
March 18, 2013 - George says no timeline for implementation
November 6, 2013 - Jan says it will not be implemented and search folders are the same, just not called "favorites." (BS)
January 8, 2014 - Jan reiterates that it will not be implemented
August 2, 2017 - Russel says it's now just being considered
February 12, 2018 - Russel says he's happy to say that favorites is one of several features being evaluated for V8.

6 years of being wishy-washy. At some point someone suggested that search folders were effectually the same as favorites (roughly at the end of 2013, I gather) and then the developers locked onto that and that became their battle cry for anyone asking for favorites. Not the same, guys. Not even as a workaround.

Photo of Matt Tyree

Matt Tyree

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Apologies, guys. Apparently my comment posted twice??? One is editable, one isn't. If I try to delete the comment, I just get a red line across the top of the page and nothing happens. Same if I try to edit. <shrugs>
Photo of Gary Curtin

Gary Curtin

• 9391 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
No I don't work for eM Client, and my comments and opinions are my own and not those of eM Client company. But I think it is an excellent application, and that the developers are doing a great job, so why would I not support them? I know, I know, there are a few who will disagree.

I guess what I read in David's original post and what you read, Matt, is different. I read he wanted something similar to what he was used to, and you read he wanted exactly what was in Thunderbird. This variety is what makes life interesting; we can each discover different meaning in the same words. :-)
Photo of PublicBenemy

PublicBenemy

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
As a paying customer with 10 licenses for my company, I just sent this thread as a support request. Maybe other payed license owners want to follow me to illustrate the need towards the developers.
Photo of Marc K

Marc K

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
While eM Client is not Thunderbird, it is marketed as an alternative to Outlook and favorite folders is a popular feature in Outlook.  It is disappointing that eM Client Inc. turned out to be one of those software companies that is not responsive to customer requests, though.
Photo of Marc K

Marc K

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This version of the request does say "Under Consideration".

https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/t...
(Edited)
Photo of Gary Curtin

Gary Curtin

• 9391 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
I think that has to do with the unread count.
Photo of Russel Markosky

• 1262 Posts
  • 103 Reply Likes
Hello all,

I am happy to inform you that right now we are evaluating the feature requests for eM Client version 8. All ideas from the forum are being taken into account and the Favourite Folders feature is one of them as it is often requested feature. Please follow our blog at: http://www.emclient.com/blog where we'll post news about development and planned features of version 8.

Russel
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Lozaw

Kevin Lozaw

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
As a recent convert from Outlook I want to add my enthusiastic vote for the ability to create FAVORITE folders. It was simple to use and a useful tool in Outlook. I really miss it.

Kevin
Photo of David Shipp

David Shipp

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can eM Client support give an update on favorite folders? There isn't anything about favorites in the blog that I can see.
Photo of Russel Markosky

• 1253 Posts
  • 103 Reply Likes
Hello David,

As I informed in my previous post, the Favourite Folder feature is planned for the upcoming eM Client version 8.

Russel
Photo of David Shipp

David Shipp

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Russel, thanks. I should have asked approximately when (target date) would be if you are able to estimate.
Photo of Russel Markosky

• 1253 Posts
  • 103 Reply Likes
Hi David,

I'm sorry but as we're currently finishing eM Client for Mac OS, I can't give you any official estimation yet.

Russel
Photo of Marc K

Marc K

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It's disappointing to read that resources were pulled off of the Windows client to work on the Mac OS client.  Releases of eM Client are already very slow. 

Grant Collingwood

• 35 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Resources or Resource. Sounds like one thing at a time. Btw, favourite folders has been waiting 5 years, 2 years longer than Mac.
Photo of David Invenio

David Invenio

• 81 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I should have stopped reading the forums two minutes ago, because this thread really depresses me!  I saw "Smart Folders" and figured they were this app's version of Favorites!  But seriously, 6 years since this post and they can't implement that feature?  At least to a basic level?  And then the comment that "we're sorry but we're finishing eM Client for Mac OS" - oh soo sooo disappointing.  And another that says "coming soon in version 8!" - I had to ask - well just how old is version 7.1 anyway?!  I can't find a build history or changelog, but it concerns me when a company touts "the next big version" - and ignores issues with the current major-number.  Yes, I know, marketing <shudder>.

I have read about the limitations of GMail (morons who shouldn't be in the email business) and how it stores every-damn-thing in a flat data store.  But this doesn't prevent eM-Client from having favorites even if only emulated by those damned "labels" in GMail.  There are ALWAYS ways around the limitations of small minds! LOL

The question is - should a new user just now evaluating 7.1 pin hopes on the touted new version 8 -and- bank on it including this feature - after they let something (I would consider a very basic feature, but that's just IMHO) sit here for 6 years?!  That's a LONG damn time! LOL

As for their multi-platform aspirations - I understand the trend here - but when doing a second platform keeps you from taking your primary platform version up a few notches - forgetting whether favorites is as basic of a feature as most here (and I) feel it is - even if it's a bit of a luxury - it's probably short-sighted thinking.  I don't know the demographics involved, but I -do- know that information for several companies with products sold today and almost all demonstrate that the PRIMARY platform for an app makes up the VAST majority of it's revenue.  Honestly, when I look for an app, I don't select Windows versions of a MacOS app - and I think most users do the same thing.  

I like this product, and my team is down to just one other, and as I mentioned in another post the deciding factor will probably come down to the PEOPLE more than features.  While missing the favorites by itself will probably not equate to selecting the other app, the fact that the requests/wishes/begging from users sat for 6 years might - along with the statement that the Mac platform is apparently a rather weighty priority for the firm.

My $0.19999e13 worth - Regards All
Photo of Jay Ogram

Jay Ogram

• 1905 Posts
  • 273 Reply Likes
BTW, search folders might be considered "Basic level" favorite folders.  But no counters...

Grant Collingwood

• 35 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Please don't raise that again. It has been discussed repeatedly and proven that they are totally different, and not replacement., 
Photo of David Invenio

David Invenio

• 81 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
LOL trying to restrict what anyone says on the internet is... well it makes me giggle!  I have read literally nearly a hundred of Jay's posts on this forum and they are pretty much the most useful stuff here.  Asking him to keep his opinions to himself - which I have found VERY useful and insightful - well - take your own advice - please don't raise that again.  <grin>
Photo of David Invenio

David Invenio

• 81 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I have learned that the favorites folder feature is slated to appear in version 8 as a "must have".  Take that for what it's worth.  Sure seems like they're listening to me.  

And for what it's worth - I'm playing with the "Smart Folder"(search) stuff and I'm not unhappy with it at all.  Ok it's not great, but it's better than the competitor I'm evaluating.  

Grant Collingwood

• 35 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Point taken. He did however raise an option that has been discussed in much detail, and it took a lot of effort to get emClient Support to accept that Search folders were not the solution. If we hadn't done that, we would still be there, and may not have this development so close.

I presume you have found by now, that you cannot drag emails into Search folders ?
Photo of David Invenio

David Invenio

• 81 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I have indeed, along with some other stuff listed here (and not).  I personally do not consider these "Smart Folders" to be what REAL folders ie; Favorites would give, and I don't how whether I'll use them.  

And as I posted elsewhere, I found some other issues I cannot believe are not fixed since the years-old posts that mentioned them.  

Honestly I think if I were leading their dev team I would make building an extensible framework priority 1.  The apps that support plugins/addons/extensions offer users an absolutely awesome set of extra features/luxuries that the company itself could never provide.  To me, it's a no-brainer.  I worked on an app a few years back that offered not only developer extension but also end-user extension without having to create a full-blown compiled package - it had run-time compilation of any .NET code - so if an extension didn't exist the user could modify how the app worked.  Letting users help you expand the feature set of your app seems pretty obvious, and to do a MacOS version of this app, instead of providing the extension capability, well it's not the dumbest thing I've seen a software company do, but sure as hell ain't the smartest either!

By the way, I quoted about version 8, but note that I did not reveal any timeframe.  I personally was not thrilled when I found out.  If you want to know you can email the sales dept, I don't think I should reveal it publicly.  
Photo of Marc K

Marc K

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
If it's like the timeline for 7.0, we're probably several years away.  They have not even started mentioning 8.0 on the blog. 

An extensible framework would be awesome. 
Photo of David Invenio

David Invenio

• 81 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Well this is weird... It seems they have updated their blog UI because I remember reading through it some days ago and I had found when v6 and current versions came out but now I go there and all I can find is that v7 was released 30 Jun 2016.  I could swear that I recall a 1 year gap until v7.1 and 2 years between v6 and v7.  Personally I think that's a bit too long to ask users to wait for some of the things v7 doesn't have yet - which other emails do - however it's not my sandbox so... I do have high hopes for v8 but yeah it's too long for me too.

PS: Perhaps we should start a thread for people to get behind the extension stuff... Might get lucky and see it for v8!  They have not finalized the feature/bug-fix list yet so...
Photo of Castor

Castor

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Currently evaluating eM Client to replace Outlook in my company (would be about 40 PRO licences): this is definitely a simple feature that we would miss.The "search folder" workaround is not a workaround for many usage of favourite folders as explained in different answers.
I must say that seeing this option has been requested 7 years ago, planned for version 6, rejected, planned again for version 8 (when is it due to be released?) is not reassuring.
Our main use of favourites folders:
* Select a few folders among our very long list of folders/subfolders in different accounts.
* Set these folders as Favourites.
* Click on the favourites to read all mails (read and unread).
* Drag&Drop mail typically from inbox to favourite folders to sort mail. Rules may also exist to automatically sort incoming emails into these favourite folders.
Photo of Roger

Roger

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
EDIT: just checked the blog page. guess favorites is a for sure in eM8. link here: https://www.emclient.com/blog/new-year-and-new-em-client-are-coming-311

so for 8 years now favorites is supposed to be in the pipe. i was honestly shocked that such a feature is not there already. i run multiple businesses and one has orders that pop in for which i have set filters. with that i can immediately see if an order comes in as it's always displayed right on top. the other thing i use it for is support emails. all my support emails are in favorites and i can immediately see if a request comes in. i got 2 pro licenses with lifetime updates and now have to go back to outlook as i've found myself wasting too much time scrolling for the right folders to check if either new orders or support tickets came in.
(Edited)
Photo of Gary Curtin

Gary Curtin

• 9460 Posts
  • 1122 Reply Likes
Yes, Favorites are in version 8.

But I think Search Folders may be a better solution for you Roger. They can display a virtual folder that only includes new orders or new support tickets and not a whole folder like Favorites will do.
Photo of Roger

Roger

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i'll look into that but i already have rules set up that populate my folders accordingly so it'd be sort of redundant but i do like that i can set one folder for orders since i have multiple marketplaces. this way i could just show 1 orders folder instead of 3 separate ones for different marketplaces! thank you 
Photo of Roger

Roger

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok so search folders sort of work... they show what i want them to. however, i cannot drag and drop emails out of the folder or right click move to folder doesn't work either, which is probably why many people requested the favorites folder option. I'm open to either really as search folder sort of do what favorite would but the drag n drop of emails has to work.
(Edited)
Photo of Gary Curtin

Gary Curtin

• 9460 Posts
  • 1122 Reply Likes
You can drag items from a Search Folder, but you also need to understand exactly how a Search Folder works.

Say you have a Search Folder for messages sent to support@me.com. If you drag one of those messages to a folder called Me, it will move the message from it's original location to the Me folder, but because the address still matches the Search Folder criteria, it will still show in the Search Folder as well. 

In order for a message to no longer be displayed in that Search Folder, you would have to change a value in the message so it no longer matches the Search Folder. One way to do that is if you change the Search Folder properties to NOT include the Me folder, then it will not be displayed in the Search Folder after you have dragged it.
Photo of Roger

Roger

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
that's the situation i have:

- My search folder searches folders X,Y,Z and displays the content.
- I then try to drag and drop an email from search folder to folder A but it's still displayed.

I just noticed that when i drag an email from the search folder somewhere else, it simply makes a conditional copy of the email in the folder it was dragged to. If i then delete the email from that folder, it also deletes the original email in the origin folder.

maybe this will help: https://www.loom.com/share/66052a50a0f7401bab2a3d5274f5728d
Photo of Gary Curtin

Gary Curtin

• 9460 Posts
  • 1122 Reply Likes
It seems that it is the same message. Best way forward is to open a support ticket directly with eM Client.
Photo of Marc K

Marc K

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Favorite Folders are live in the emClient 8 beta.  They don't have an unread counter, but are otherwise working well for me.