eM Client 3 beta is here!!!

• Idea
  • Updated 9 years ago
Public beta version is finally here.
You can download it here:
http://www.emclient.com/dist/v3.0.924...

Features summary

Highlights
- Completely new user interface and look and feel.
- Major speed improvement for most of the tasks.
- Major reduction of error messages thanks to better online state detection.
- Easy to use advanced search with autosuggestions.
- Skype integration support for 64bit systems.
- Full support for Google contacts synchronization.
- Full support of Sync2eM service features.

User Interface
- Left and right panel now behaves the exact same way.
- Option to maximize or expand/collapse a particular box on both left and right panel.
- A brand new sidebar.
- Displaying more information in communication and attachment history.
- Communication and attachment history now reflects changes immediately.
- Many new drag'n'drop and clipboard operations scenarios.
- Improved several tab/shift+tab scenarios for moving between elements of user interface.
- Faster letter lookup in all lists.

E-mails
- Support for user-defined saved search folders.
- Smarter autosuggestions (for inserting recipients).
- Download selected messages feature for IMAP based accounts.
- Predefined actions for opening attachments depending on file extensions
- General setting for quick change of sort order in all views.
- Option "Display unsafe content in all messages" to prevent security warnings.
- Add image as link function.
- Save embedded images from incoming messages from the context menu of an image.
- Save messages to draft even when there is no modification.
- Support for printing multiple email messages at once.
- Support for align text to block in message editor.
- IDN support for email addresses.
- Multiline CC and BCC fields when composing a message.
- Copy column configuration to other folders function.
- Proceed with sending when some of the recipients were not accepted.

Calendar and tasks
- New To-Do box in sidebar.
- Improved user interface of calendar.
- Save active event when changing view.
- Prefer selecting complete month in month view.
- Improved scrolling in month view.

Instant Messaging
- Improved detached mode for Instant Messaging contact list.
- Improved several reconnecting/disconnecting issues.

Other
- Support for advanced logging (database, IMAP, CalDAV, XMPP, Outlook import).
- Outlook import now supports contact avatars and a few other new items.
- Support for import of messages from MBOX format.
- Support for import of accounts from MS Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail.
- Setting for enabling/disabling notifications when the main window is active.

Fixes
- Fixed occasional issue with dummy messages appearing while deleting messages.
- Fixed several issues with incorrect fonts when composing messages.
- Fixed crash when forwarding messages in offline mode.
- Fix for changing size of a dialog window when opening a new message.
- Fixed sending emails to distribution lists.
- Fix for BCC addresses dissapearing when reopening draft.
- Major speed-up of setting categories for any item.
- Several fixes and improvements in IMIP/ITIP.
- Many other fixes.

This version is quite stable and final release won't be very different. However some issues may emerge as it is still only a beta version.
Any suggestions or ideas will be highly appreciated.
Photo of Michal Burger

Michal Burger, Official Rep

• 494 Posts
  • 62 Reply Likes
  • happy

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Michal Burger

• 494 Posts
  • 62 Reply Likes
Estimated date of final release is February 18th...
Photo of HNH Consultancy Limited

HNH Consultancy Limited

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Michal, Any updates to release date?
Photo of Carl at FSJ

Carl at FSJ

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
For us mobile users the ability to set up and save multiple smtp mail server separate from the incoming POP or IMAP server would be great. This would work like the Thunderbird e-mail client.
When I move from client to client I can use their wireless but with eM-client changing smtp servers means I have to modify my mail account instead of just selecting an already saved smtp server from the list.
Photo of drkk

drkk

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
SMTP still fails on Verizon.
Same settings work on Outlook, Thunderbird, KomaMail, and any other client I've tried.
I hoped this would be fixed in version 3!
Photo of Milos Kovalcik

Milos Kovalcik

• 192 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Hi.
We need to get the communication logs that will show us where exactly problems happen. Here are the instruction on how to get them:

1) Create directory "C:\Temp"
2) Download the MailClient.exe.config.zip file from http://www.emclient.com/tools/System.... and extract it into eM Client directory ("C:\Program Files\eM Client\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\" depending on your system)
3) Run eM Client, it will create the log file in C:\Temp\eMClientTrace.log

Please follow the steps above and send us the eMClientTrace.log file. All your privacy will be preserved. The address is kovalcik@emclient.com.
Thanks.
Photo of drkk

drkk

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK, sent you my log file.
Photo of Bertram Rink

Bertram Rink

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I still miss an opportunity, notes / memo to store each message.
Or edit the received messages.
If this option is given, I will emClient Buy now!
Photo of Lance Brown

Lance Brown

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Have you made it so Calendar reminders can be set earlier than 2 days prior? (And yes, I know Tasks can be set that way; I'm not asking about those.)
I realize you got that 2 day thing from Outlook, but it has no clear correlation to reality. (Really, there's no event that requires more than 2 days notice? Because I can think of hundreds--conferences, weddings, etc.)
Photo of Milos Kovalcik

Milos Kovalcik

• 192 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Yes, now reminder can be set up to 2 days. In version 3.1 there will be longer period.
Photo of Lance Brown

Lance Brown

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Milos, Thanks for the response. So when will 3.1 be out, and what sort of longer periods will be available for calendar notifications?
Photo of Milos Kovalcik

Milos Kovalcik

• 192 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Version 3.1 will be out in couple of months. But maybe this change will be included in the one of the patches (in this case it would be sooner). Particular ranges are under consideration. What would you suggest?

HNH Consultancy Limited

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What happens to a stable version 3.0? Now we are talking about version 3.1!
Photo of Milos Kovalcik

Milos Kovalcik

• 192 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
In version 3.0 will be maximum period 2 days. Longer period will be added in version 3.1 or as I said in the patch to the version 3.0. Is it clear now?
Photo of Lance Brown

Lance Brown

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry to have confused anyone. Milos, thanks for asking. Ideally, total flexibility over setting reminders would be nice, but I don't know how that would be done gracefully. At a minimum, I would think that 1-7 days (or 1-10), 2 weeks, 1 month, and maybe 3 months would be a good place to start. (In addition to all the shorter intervals that already exist of course). 6 months couldn't hurt either...some things are definitely big enough to require preparing 6 months ahead. :-) Really looking forward to that change--the 2-day limitation in Outlook has been bothering me for more than a decade, literally.
Photo of John

John

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How do Communications History & Contacts link to email messages?

Communication History appears to be linked to a Contacts email address and seems to be case sensitive.

I have received emails where, for some unknown reason, the case of senders email address has changed. Now the email address that is stored with the Contact doesn't match the email address in the message. This results in multiple groups for the same person when grouping by "From" field and items not showing in the Communication History due to the case difference.

Any chance of making this linking feature ignore case so this doesn't happen?

I'm currently evaluating eM Client as a replacement for MS Outlook at my company and certain it will become our default email package!

Thanks,

John
Photo of Torrey

Torrey

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
It seems the Global Inbox is no longer showing (1) all of my accounts or (2) e-mails as they arrive (which do show in the specific account's folder).
Photo of Michal Burger

• 494 Posts
  • 62 Reply Likes
This will be fixed in the final build.

HNH Consultancy Limited

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
When is the new release date and what improvement or fixes have your team addressed?
SMTP problems, unable to authenticate occasionally, IMAP delay etc.
Photo of Michal Burger

• 494 Posts
  • 62 Reply Likes
Final version of 3.0 is here:
http://www.emclient.com/dist/v3.0.942...

HNH Consultancy Limited

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you. Why the website still showing version 3.0 as Beta and Current version: 2.7.8313.0
Photo of Michal Burger

• 494 Posts
  • 62 Reply Likes
It is going to be changed in several moments. For existing users we are going to push the new version gradually.
Photo of SueR

SueR

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I can no longer search the calendar in version 3.0.9.Is this permanent or is there a fix?
Photo of Filip Navara

Filip Navara, Developer

• 420 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Can you be more specific please? We have tried to reproduce the problem with version 3.0.9517.0 by using the search bar in the agenda view and that seemed to work correctly. Could you please tell us the exact steps that led to the problem? Thanks
Photo of SueR

SueR

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have version 3.0.9422.0 running on Win7 SP1.When I go to Mail,Contacts,and Tasks,there is a search bar near the top of the window.When I go to Calendar,there is no search bar.By going through the tabs at the top of Calendar-Day,Week,Month,etc-I found the search bar when I clicked on Agenda.I tried several searches.The only words the search will find are the 1st word in an event.If I go back to the Mail,Contacts,or Tasks view,the word I searched on in Calendar(Agenda)shows up in the search bar.
Photo of Milos Kovalcik

Milos Kovalcik

• 192 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Hello,
searching in calendar is possible when Agenda tab is chosen. Is it not the bug. Searching for words contained (not only from beginning) in "Summary" and "Description" will be possible in next upgrade.
Photo of SueR

SueR

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
How did it get so screwed up in this version?It worked fine in version 2.I'm not sure what you mean by "summary" and "description",but I need a searchable calendar.If I were able to remember the first word of every entry I made in my calendar(in order to search),I wouldn't need a calendar at all.I would have perfect memory recall.
Photo of Michal Burger

• 494 Posts
  • 62 Reply Likes
We are going to fix this issue in the next update (in several days).
Photo of Jeff Schroeder

Jeff Schroeder

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there a link to download version 2.7? I can't wait several days. I need to roll back some computers which I upgraded to Version 3.1. Unfortunately I upgraded these PC's without testing the calender search. I have a client that schedules patients using the eM Client Calendar function with iCal 2. When they need to search for a patient's appointment time they would simply search by name in the search field. Due to this loss of functionality, the business is losing productivity and is completely unhappy at the moment. Although the search will still remain in the Agenda tab, I would suggest keeping a search field in a more convenient location, such as the previous version. I don't know the difficulty level of including this function, but I believe this is used more than the developers previously thought. Thank you.
Photo of Milos Kovalcik

Milos Kovalcik

• 192 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Here is the link you asked for:
http://www.emclient.com/dist/v2.7.877...

But it won't work with database from version 3 which you already ran. If you have a backup of the database form version 2.7 you could replace it.
Photo of Jeff Schroeder

Jeff Schroeder

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any word on when the next update will be released?
Photo of Gabriel Staron

Gabriel Staron

• 982 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
The version with search is available at http://www.emclient.com/dist/v3.0.966... . It will be released in couple of days as an update.
Photo of Jeff Schroeder

Jeff Schroeder

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thank you
Photo of simply12

simply12

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
##I still miss an opportunity, notes / memo to store each message.
Or edit the received messages.
If this option is given, I will emClient Buy now! ####

Hello,
I wanted to ask if the above function can soon be created because the decision rests on a program.

Thank you
Photo of Gabriel Staron

Gabriel Staron

• 982 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Hi,
you can edit message when it's in Drafts or if you reply/forward it.

Notes will be maybe implemented in one of future versions. Meanwhile you can use the workaround: Get the generated code of the notepad widget from e.g. widgetbox.com and save it at your computer to e.g. c:/notesWidget.html . Then create new web widget in eM Client which will link to "file:///C:/notesWidget.html" location. I tested one from http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/notep... , it worked great.

Regards