My “bcc” functionality has abruptly stopped working. I always send a bcc to self on important emails as a measure of success of the transit. I did this twice today, and I never received my copy. Since I do not know how to visualize bcc recipients in the eM Client platform, I went directly to my Outlook account on Mozilla browser. Curiously, I did not find any bcc’s on the mails in question in my “Sent Mail” folder.
Next, I sent some tester emails. One was from eM Client with bcc’s to myself at 2 different accounts I have, and the other was directly from Outlook, using the same bcc addresses. When I checked in Outlook, I found that the mail which originated in eM Client had no bcc recipients, but the mail which originated directly in Outlook did have the correct bcc recipients identified.
So, at this juncture I must conclude that the functionality of bcc in eM Client is broken. I am using eM Client version 6.0.24928.0 I do know that the bcc functionality was good “once upon a time.”—probably as recently as one month ago when I last sent an important email with a bcc to myself. In the last month I have sent other bcc’s but I would have to do a lot of checking through Outlook to see if I could identify when it stopped working.
Any suggestions for a remedy would be much appreciated.
I also found that I was able to send a single bcc after reinstalling the software before it crapped out again. I did that in the default eM state where you click "cc/bcc" in the upper right hand corner of a new email and then the respective address bars appear. After that, I went to the menus (Tools > settings > mail > compose > show bcc) and after I clicked that it was back to bcc failure. Even after I unchecked that box, I could no longer send a bcc.
Based on this it would appear that there is a bug in the eM software. Is anyone at eM interested in addressing the issue?
When I send a bcc from eM Client, it's as though it never existed. I go to Outlook, and it just shows message as sent to the primary recipient, and regular cc's but w/ no acknowledgment of any bcc's. I get that failure regardless of whether I select bcc in the upper right of the email being composed or if I default to showing bcc in all composing emails.
In contrast, when I send email w/ bcc directly from Outlook, and then go to "sent" mail folder there, it clearly shows list of primary recipients, cc's and bcc's as well...and the bcc's actually show up at the destination sites.
Thus, it would appear that eM Client is not recognizing the bcc addresses at all.
Thank you again for helping with this annoying and, for me, important issue.
1. When I do not have an email address in the “To” field, do not have an email address in the “Cc” field, do put a single email address or a group list into the Bcc field, and send the email from eM Client through my outgoing SMTP server at "Outlook.com", the email goes through "Outlook.com" and "Outlook.com" moves all the email addresses from the “Bcc” field to the “To” field.
When I put an email address in the "To" field, another email address
in the "Cc" field and two more email addresses in the "Bcc"
field, and send the email from eM Client through my outgoing SMTP server at
"Outlook.com", the result is that the email addresses used in the
"To" and "Cc" fields receive emails from me and the email
addresses used in the "Bcc" field never receive my emails when I send
from my SMTP server at “Outlook.com”.
is the solution after a person’s Microsoft Outlook.com account shows
“Outlook Mail” in the upper left corner of the Microsoft Outlook web page instead
1. Make sure you are using the new eM Client 7.
2. Click on Menus/Tools/Accounts.
3. Add a new account by clicking on the + icon in the bottom left corner.
4. Click on the “Mail” pull-down - do NOT use “Automatic Setup” that establishes a normal IMAP account that works okay with “To” and “Cc” addresses.
5. Click on “Exchange” and then “Next”.
6. Enter your email address in BOTH the “Email address” and “User name” fields.
7. Enter your “Password”.
8. Click on “Next”, follow any other instructions, and wait a little bit until everything is set up.
After implementing the solution, I could send emails to Bcc
addresses using situations 1 and 2 above, and those addresses received the
Microsoft personnel finally stated they agree the problem is in the software of the Microsoft Outlook.com servers, and are in the process of rolling out fixes to all their servers.
Take a look at the thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/opeople-ocontacts/outlookcom-moving-addresses-... and read the posts starting with the one from Sean Stevenson on October 03, 2016 and all those thereafter for progress updates.
I hope this helps as an update and progress report.